PLB Home Page |
Application Instruction & Forms
Rules and Regulations
Notice of Intent
Application Instructions for Licensed Dietitian (L.D.) |
Specific requirements are detailed in the Rules and Regulations which are published on the Board's web page.
Please review the requirements prior to submitting an application.
- In compliance with U.S. Code Title 8, Chapter 14, Section 1621, the Board must collect proof of U.S. citizenship, or proof of legal presence in the U.S. This proof is required only once for each U.S. citizen. Those with alien status will be required to submit proof with every renewal. In most cases it is easiest for you to provide us with a copy of your birth certificate, copy of your social security card or a copy of your passport. Just one (1) form of identification is required. A copy of your driver's license is not acceptable. If you cannot provide any of these items, please refer to list A and B.
- The Board cannot review your qualifications without receipt of an application and fee.
- The application fee for licensure is $200.00. Make checks payable to the "State of Wyoming". Do not send cash. All fees are non-refundable regardless of the outcome.
- Every effort will be made to review your application within two (2) to five (5) business days of completion.
- CDR stands for Commission on Dietetic Registration.
To qualify for licensure as a Licensed Dietitian (L.D.) in Wyoming you must meet the following requirements:
LICENSE APPLICATION PROCEDURES
- be at least eighteen (18) years of age, and
- be a legal inhabitant of the United States, and
- have no felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions that relate adversely to the practice of dietetics, or the ability to practice dietetics, and
- have received a baccalaureate or post baccalaureate degree from a CADE accredited college or university with a major course of study in human nutrition, nutrition education, public health nutrition, food and nutrition, dietetics, food systems management or an equivalent major course of study as approved by the board, and
- have completed a documented supervised pre-professional practice experience component in dietetics of not less than nine hundred (900) hours under the supervision of a registered dietitian, a licensed dietitian or an individual with a doctoral degree conferred by a United States regionally accredited college or university with a major course of study in human nutrition, nutrition education, food and nutrition, dietetics or food systems management; and
- have passed the CDR exam.
- Complete the application in its entirety. Make sure that you provide a written explanation if you answered "YES" to any of questions 13 through 21. If more space is needed, attach additional sheets of paper. You must include copies of all legal documents. Read the "Warning" and "Agreement and Affidavit", print the form, and then sign and date the application, preferably with blue ink. The Board is not able to accept electronic signatures and payment at this time.
- Request that the CDR send the Board an official verification of your credential. CDR's website states: "To request written verification of your registered/certified status, submit your request with your name, registration number, and address by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 312-899-0040 Ext. 5500." The CDR verification must be sent directly to the Board office. It can be sent via email to Emily.Cronbaugh@wyo.gov, via fax to (307) 777-3508 or via mail to the Board at the address provided below.
- Request a verification letter from every other jurisdiction in which you are currently or have been licensed to practice dietetics be mailed to the Board office on your behalf.
- Mail the complete application (3 pages), proof of U.S. citizenship or legal presence in the United States, and the $200.00 application fee, to the Board at the address provided below.
If you have provided a valid e-mail address on your application, you will receive a confirmation message when your application, proof of U.S. citizenship or legal presence in the United States, and fee are received. When verification is received from the CDR, and other jurisdictions, your application will be reviewed for license approval. If your application is approved you will receive a wall certificate, pocket identification card, and receipt.
Inquiries regarding these application procedures and application status may be directed to:
Dietetics Licensing Board
2001 Capitol Avenue, Room 104
Cheyenne WY 82002
Emily Cronbaugh, Licensing Specialist, Emily.Cronbaugh@wyo.gov
Application for Licensure
list A & B